Car Alarms @ National Auto Sound & Security
Car Alarm Systems with Starter Disable from $159.99 on up, Installed in Most Cars
National Auto Sound & Security is Kansas City’s auto alarm experts! In business in the Kansas City area since 1965, we have installed thousands of car alarm systems as long as the car security industry has been around. We understand vehicle security and we have the skilled technicians who can do your job right and do it now. We are experts at car alarm wiring and car alarm installation. Most of the technicians and sales staff at National Auto Sound & Security are ASE certified in automobile electronics.
When can I have a car alarm system installed? Almost any day. If we are busy you may have to drop off your vehicle and we will call you when we are done. Just call and check before you come and we’ll let you know if we can get you done today.
What Do Car Alarms Cost? Cars are electronically more complex than they used to be. Cost of car security systems installed depends on the vehicle as well as the options you want. Car alarm system begin installed as low as $159.99 on some vehicles, other cars are more expensive. We also offer car alarm remote start packages which can be linked to your smartphone via an app so you are alerted if there’s a problem.
How Do I get to your store? See the map on our Contact Us page.
How long does it take to install? We can install our car alarms any day, no appointment necessary. This means all you have to do is come in early enough in the day to enable us to get the work done. The average car alarm installation takes about 1.5 to 2 hours once we start. Remote start car alarms take a little longer. Some of the more difficult vehicles can take up to 4 to 5 hours for a remote start car alarm install.
What Brands Do You Carry? For Car Alarms we carry mainly Code Alarm and Micro. These are industry standard reliable brands that work! For alarms with remote start built-in, we carry Code Alarm, AutoStart & Arctic Start. We know our brands. These are all great companies who have been in the industry satisfying customers for many years.
How does the alarm protect my vehicle? The auto security systems we sell and install will protect your vehicle in these main ways.
- First the auto security system will add a starter disable feature to your vehicle if you do not already have it. This will prevent the starter motor from cranking and starting the engine when the key is turned to the start position. This prevents the car from starting.
- Second, the car alarm will protect all the doors, as long as your interior lights come on when the doors open. If a door is opened, the siren will sound and the parking lights of your vehicle will flash.
- Third, all our Vehicle security systems are equipped with and impact sensor. This senses break-in impact and sounds the siren and flashes the lights. The sensitivity is adjustable to suit the vehicle. Any impact that trips the sensor will cause the siren to sound and the lights to flash. There are other sensors that may also be added.
- Optional Two-way or Paging car alarm systems will alert you whenever your car alarm is tripped. Either the remote control itself will beep and vibrate to tell you what has happened or if you have your car alarm tied to your phone with an app, your phone will alert you to your car’s status.
- Additional sensors, switches, and features can be added. See our page on Car Alarm Accessories for a description of these devices.
What are some other options or features that the security system can have?
(There’s lots of information so we have divided it into two pages.)
Car Alarm Features Explained – Part 1
Car Alarm Features Explained – Part 2
Can you fix my existing security system? We do vehicle security troubleshooting on aftermarket car alarm systems. If we have the technical info available on your system we can find out what’s wrong and probably fix it.
Disable car alarm, Shut Off Car Alarm, or remove car alarm: I bought a used car with an alarm on it. Can you disable it for me? Yes, as long as it is an aftermarket car security system and not a factory car alarm.
Do you have a remote control or car remote for my old car alarm? If it is a model we have sold in the past, we will probably have one. Otherwise we won’t be able to help you.
Does an aftermarket alarm or remote start void my new car warranty?No.Of course not, in spite of what some car salesman may have told you. The consumer’s right to have aftermarket products installed in their vehicle while retaining full factory warranty coverage on his/her new vehicle is protected by a federal law called the Magnusen-Moss Act.
Click here for more information.